I am a true proponent of making things happen in my life rather than allowing things to happen to me.
It gives me a feeling of power and accomplishment.
While many of us are feelings angst, anxiety, or even depression with the affects of the novel coronavirus and it’s ripple effects, there are things we can do to give us back some semblance of control.
Nourish and Recharge Your Soul
We can nourish our souls, improve our health and boost our immune systems so we fight off any illness or virus.
Working at actively improving your health and well-being will make you feel better mentally and physically.
Rest, meditate and take some time outdoors to recharge your soul.
Count your blessings…this could’ve happened in the cold of winter. It’s beautiful outside.
This is what I am doing to boost my immune system and reduce inflammation….because when we are inflamed we are susceptible to disease.
Be Mindful of What You Eat
Being mindful of what you put in your body especially right now is crucial.
Here are a few tips:
- Eat fresh fruits, vegetables, lean meats and fish (eat as many salads as you can)
- Try and stay away from foods with preservatives, e.g.. chips and cookies
- Eat complex carbohydrates like gluten free breads, brown rice and quinoa (see recipe below) (conventional breads with gluten are inflammatory)
- Drink lots of water (2 quarts a day)
- Drink tea
- Snack on nut butters, rice cakes and natural sugar snacks like dates, figs, dried fruits etc.
- Hard boiled eggs are a great snack with some fresh fruit or on a salad or both
- Soaked and roasted nuts are great for snacks. Soak them in salt water for 4-5 hours, season them and roast at 400 degrees for 10-15 minutes. (Soaking will remove the phytic acid from the nut which is inflammatory)
- And…. drink plenty of bone broth
Bone Broth will reduce inflammation while giving you a plethora of minerals and amino acids to keep your body strong.
Cheesy Quinoa Recipe
- 2 Cups of Quinoa
- 3 Cups of Water
- 1 Tsp. Salt
- 1 Tsp. Nutritional Yeast
- 1 Tsp. Hemp Hearts
- Take 2 cups of quinoa and pour it in a bowl and cover with water.
- Add 1 tsp. of salt. Stir up to make sure all the quinoa is covered.
- Put it in your refrigerator and let it sit for 36 hours.
- Over the next several days take as much quinoa you’d like to accompany a meal. Rinse it in a sieve and heat it up in a sauce pan. I use a little ghee.
- Cook until the liquid is absorbed. Turn off the flame, add 1 tsp. of nutritional yeast and a 1 tsp. of Hemp Hearts. Stir together and eat.
Use this quinoa as a side dish with your eggs or any protein. It’s also great in your salad.
See recently reduced pricing here.
To your health…
Beths Bountiful Bone Broth